Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Facts about me

I was tagged on Facebook to do this, but now my loyalties are to the blog world so I am posting it here. There are a bunch of crazy rules about how once you read this you have to do it, but I know some of my blog friends have already done something similar, so I'm tagging Kara, Shallan, and Shannon.

1. I’m a newlywed and I love it.

2. Jesus is my savior and my homeboy.

3. I hate gum. I can’t even stand to look at it. Why do people insist on putting it on the top of a coke can to save it for later? That’s sick. Throw it away.

4. I love teaching children, but I hate babysitting. Weird, I know, doesn’t make much sense.

5. I gave myself food poison once. Needless to say, I didn’t cook chicken for months after that.

6. I have been a psychology major, social work major, and ended up with a degree in elementary education.

7. My uncle used to call my sister Minor Potty and me Major Potty. I think the fact that I was a baby and my sister was a 4 year old had something to do with it. I hope.

8. My husband is an amazing musician and has a beautiful voice. He gently tells me I’m tone deaf. We’re working on it.

9. My sister and I have been mistaken as twins. And yes, we were both blessed with the Bill Grosse calves.

10. I make up songs about my dog. Mostly consisting of her name and other letter combinations rhyming with her name.

11. I am a morning person, once I’m out of bed. The challenge is getting me out of bed.

12. My middle name is Martha. Enough said.

13. I have to make meals with all the food groups. Even for lunch. And there usually needs to be an even balance of hot, cold, soft, and crunchy. I can get kinda OCD about this.

14. I have worn the same perfume since high school. That’s like 8 years of pure Ralph Lauren Blue. My best friends could find me anywhere, if they were blind, just by my scent.

15. I love designer jeans. They fit so well. When we were young, it was so hard to find jeans that fit my sister’s and my legs. We had freakishly long, skinny legs and usually only fit into Gap jeans, size long. Designer jeans are the perfect solution. Proudly, I have not bought any since being married.

16. My hair has the ultimate crimp. There are layers upon layers of my hair that are wavy and cannot be straightened. So, brush aside my top layer of Chi straightened hair, and hello Ultimate Crimp!

17. I like Nicholas Sparks books. Yeah, they’re cheesy, but so easy to read and pretty entertaining.

18. I try to paint. I love painting and drawing and hope someday I will be good at it.

19. I am so proud of my parents. Their 30th anniversary is coming up and they are still so snazzy together!

20. The first movie I cried in was My Girl. I remember it vividly, it was such a weird feeling at the time. Thomas J. still gets me.

21. I love Mexican Food! We served it at our Wedding, and it was delicious.

22. I am currently reading Love in the Time of Cholera. This is not as easy of a read as Nicholas Sparks.

23. I am 23 years old.

24. I have the greatest best friends in the world. I love them all and love knowing that we will stay close forever.

25. I would love to live in China, and hope that someday that is where God calls Cody and me.

2 comments:

  1. I love your 25 random facts. I read them all in your tone of voice and it was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete