Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Big Brother

A few weeks ago we found out some VERY exciting news!! Kyler is going to be a big brother!! I am about 13 weeks along and due the very beginning of February.

It is so interesting how different this pregnancy has been from my first. Not just emotionally and mentally (we were much more prepared and at peace when we found out about this one), but physically it has been so different. I'm not complaining, it has been a little better than the first one. In my first trimester with Kyler, I was sick all the time, hugging the toilet from time to time, had horrible back pain, hated food and could smell something foul from miles away! This time, I had very mild nausea, have a decent relationship with food, can't notice a huge increase in my sense of smell, and have not really had any back pain. Thank you LORD!! Although the exhaustion is a different story! Party because I'm chasing around a toddler who never sits still!

Kyler of course has NO idea about his little brother or sister on the way. And he probably never will until he is hanging around a newborn everyday and they don't seem to leave :)


A sweet friend had this shirt made just for Kyler. Unfortunately trying to get a good photo of him in it was quite the challenge. You try reasoning with a toddler to "look at me, stand up, twist to the right....". All I know is, I hope he still fits into this thing come February so he can meet his little sibling in it!

Belly bump pics to come, although there is not much to show for yet! I promise I'll be better this time around!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kimmels!! So excited for you two! Blessings for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lauren! My Baby Kue #2 (BK2) is due early March so I can sympathize with your exhaustion. Although Kai isn't quite walking yet and I'm hoping he'll wait a few more months for that! It's definitely going to be an adventure! Congratulations again girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he'll notice something is going on when you won't be able to hold him in your lap (towards the end of your pregnancy). My mom said that my brother was oblivious as to becoming a big brother until my mom couldn't hold him in her lap anymore because he was by then 1, and she was 6 months pregnant. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh! congrats! :) so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally a post!! Aw, Kyler is going to be such a sweet big brother.

    ReplyDelete