Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's a ....

BOY!

We had our best Doctor's appointment yet when we got to find out the sex of our baby.
My parents got to come with us, and it was so fun to find out all together. It was so amazing to see our little baby moving all around on the screen. It looked like he was doing flips in my belly. I was told to drink caffeine and have some sugar before the big appointment to get him moving around so we could definitely see the right angles to determine the sex, so I think our little boy was just going crazy after tasting regular coffee and Godiva chocolate for the first time. Poor little guy was on a sugar high. I promised the doctor I wouldn't eat like that again.

Here is a picture of him hanging out upside down. He might be sucking his thumb, but I'm not sure.

We were also able to order a crib this weekend. I searched everywhere, and it turns out I'm pretty picky when it comes to cribs. I knew I wanted a white one, I knew I wanted straight clean lines, and a storage drawer would be a plus. I also didn't want one with a drop side because they can be a safety risk, but it was hard to find the type I liked with out a drop side. We ended up finding the perfect crib on amazon.com, it has the clean lines, it's white, and it even has a storage drawer underneath. The only problem was that it had a drop side. We decided we can rig the drop side so that it does not move...that way baby boy Kimmel won't get his little fingers stuck if something were to go wrong.


Now I can't stop dreaming up all the possibilities for a baby boy nursery. Although I kinda already have the whole room planned out. As soon as our crib comes in and we get it assembled I will post some pictures and maybe some design plans if I can figure out how to make one of those nifty little mood boards.

We couldn't be more excited about the news we got on Friday. Even though I felt like I knew the whole time that it was a boy, it was still surprising to actually see it and know that there is a little baby boy in there!


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My mom says boys are the best and they LOVE their mommas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you and Cody! Any names picked out?

    ReplyDelete