I have accepted the challenge from my friend, Shannon, to post 11 random facts about me today. This will be a little hard seeing as I posted 25 of 'em, here. But I love a good challenge, so I am going to try to think up 11 more. Here it goes....
1. My life-theme is irony. Most things I plan and set out to do, don't happen. We live in a place we always said we would never live. I had a perfect plan that consisted of being a teacher, but I couldn't get a teaching job. Every time I clean the floors, it rains and Duma gets muddy paw prints everywhere. And, we will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary in a very unexpected way next year. ;)
2. I hate peas. I used to gag when eating them as a child, over the kitchen sink, just so I could still get desert. It had been years since I tasted the awful mushiness that is a pea, so a few weeks ago, not knowing what I was thinking, I decided to try them to see if I had grown out of it. Nope. Disgusting.
3. I am a total beach person. Mountains or beach? Beach.
4. I can be claustrophobic. I am not good at concerts. Crowds like that make me want to faint. Even a moderately sized room without windows makes me weak in the knees. Sometimes, even standing up and singing at church makes me want to run for the door. One time I got sick on a plane because I was sitting in between two strangers and had no personal space. Moral: back off.
5. I absolutely love Chick-fil-A nuggets and every time I eat them I wonder, "how do they make their chicken so good?"
6. I never really learned long division. I remember the day we learned it in 5th grade. I was talking to my friends, totally missed the lesson, and have never really been able to comprehend it. Let me give you an example. 785 divided by 29. I could either guess and check or use a calculator, but I could not long-devise that. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not a 5th grade teacher.
7. If I could be bouncing on a trampoline right now I would.
8. Cody and I once bought a camera together. He is a very high-tech guy and loves his gadgets, so he wanted the best camera we could get. I just like decent (decent enough to my liking) pictures and a good deal so I wanted a cheap camera. Let's just say we didn't get the cheapest camera, and I am the only one who even uses the camera, and if you were to bring up this fact in our household, you would see us fight. No matter how many years will pass from the camera-buying-incident, we will still fight it out. Cody, admit your defeat. And that is the extent of our marriage woes.
9. I love Luby's. So sue me. Chicken fried steak, fried okra, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, hot rolls, even their olives. Luby's is everything delicious to me.
10. My feet are always cold. I think this runs in my family, at least for the women. Thus, I usually have on a good ole pair of booties in my house.
11. Last night, we had our wonderful weekly small group over for some good discussion and fellowship together. Somewhere after Duma got sick in front of everyone, and Cody started doing snap-pops, we settled on mimosas, Jay-Z, and a nice game of Battle of the Sexes. And that is why I love our small group.
Will you accept this challenge???
Travel Packing List :: Medication Must-Haves
2 days ago