Wednesday, July 15, 2009

what I'm loving about this summer...

Watermelon. Every meal. mmmmm.


Having a backyard to run through the sprinkler in. Hanging out in the backyard is just fun in general, even if it is 104 degrees outside. We run, we climb, we grill, we sweat. It is usually the first place we go when we both get home from the day.

Being tan again. It may be an awkward one-piece tan from going to the water park with the kiddos, but it is a tan. Cody has a farmer's tan from his landscaping days, and that's even hotter than my one-piece tan. Don't worry, we are adamant 45 spf sunscreeners!

With Cody starting seminary, and working with our church now, we have met a lot of people. It's so fun to get to know people better and get involved in friend's lives. I know we are going make some life-long friendships at our time here in seminary, so it's really fun to meet people and make new friends. And of course hanging out with old friends is always just as fun and rewarding. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends.

When my parents came up last week, my dad helped Cody plant a garden. It is so cute, and also so resourceful. We're growing tomatoes, green-beans, cucumbers, and bell-peppers. I love our little garden and the fact that we will have fresh, home-grown veggies.
My favorite thing about summer are summer nights. Not the obnoxious Grease musical song summer nights kind, but the real kind that start at about 8 o'clock at night. I love when the sun is going down, but it's still light outside and cooling down. Everything feels so quiet and calm and it is the perfect time for a date night out on the town.

It's been a great summer so far. Now I'm just figuring out how to get us back to the beach. We have big plans for our anniversary this weekend! I will be sure to share the stories when we're done celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment