Sunday, July 8, 2012

5 Months of Madness

How do you do a quick recap on 5 of the best/hardest months of your life? Well, ya don't. Consider this a small photo dump and a "hello, you still read? Sorry to keep you hanging, I'll try to blog more regularly" post. My sweet friend Erin is about to do a complete blog makeover for me, so I'm super excited about getting my thoughts (and photos, random DIY projects, etc.) jotted down here again. It's like therapy, and let's be honest, I need that more than ever right now ;)

Seriously these last 5 months have been amazing. It's so crazy when you fall in love with your first child and experience so much joy and fulfillment, and then you go and have another and realize there was even more room for love in that swelling heart of yours. I can't even begin to explain how blessed and undeserving I feel to mother these sweet boys. I'm overwhelmed with love and gratitude. 



At the same time, it's been impossibly hard. I've definitely had my share of meltdowns (by me!) while sobbing "how to other people doooo it" as I'm covered in poop and spit-up. Just being real here. 2 kids under 2 is just insane. It's finally getting better. Although Kyler is still very needy, he is getting much more able to do things on his own, such as climbing up into his car seat, staying close to me in public (sometimes), and just generally being a little better at listening. Oh boy am I excited for him to be out of diapers! Yes, I'm still cloth diapering both boys right now! 


Hayes is such a sweet little guy. He is pretty laid back and chill, but (just like Kyler was as a newborn) he is a bit of a sleep fighter. This is one thing that makes my days particularly hard....spending so much time rocking this guy to sleep several times a day, while Kyler roams wild. It's just madness. Unlike Kyler, he is not a breastfeeding crazed baby. He breastfeeds great, but he regulates himself strangely well and pretty much only nurses to eat. Kyler pretty much nursed 'round the clock. Hunger. Comfort. Leisure. All the time. Not Hayes, he's efficient...sometimes I wish he nursed more. I love that time with him. 



Kyler is unbelievably great with Hayes. I think he was just young enough to not have his world completely wrecked by the birth of a sibling. He acted out a little the first few weeks, but that was pretty much it. He has never showed any malice towards Hayes and is just so sweet and gentle with him. It is the most precious thing to watch. I can't wait for a few months when they are able to play a little more together. 


If you had told me 3 years ago I would have 2 babies, I would have never believed you. This was not the exact "plan" we had drawn up, but I am so so thankful this is our reality. My days are so physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding right now but I wouldn't want to spend them any other way. 

Next up- our trip to NYC. With both boys. We are wild. 

1 comment:

  1. Umm..I had 2 meltdowns this week, and I only have 1 baby, so you're fine! :)

    ReplyDelete