Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Place for Baby


I have finally finished the nursery! Being 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced already, I figured it was high time to prepare a place for this baby to sleep.
Setting up this room was super difficult to me. At first I thought it would so fun to decorate a gender neutral nursery....but as it got closer and closer to have the baby, my attitude just kinda evolved into "well if it's a girl I can change it up, and if it's a boy I'll just throw him in the room with Kyler". Not exactly the decorating mojo I needed. I also had the whole problem of needing to keep the bed in here for grandparents to stay. That gave me about a 1 inch clearance on either side of the rocking chair, but hey- it rocks!
*Apparently I am also challenged when it comes to taking decent pics. The lighting is all wack and doesn't really capture most of the true colors.

Here is what I like to call the "chaos corner". Everything is so close together, but it was really the only layout that worked.

I love the etsy print I got from here. I spray painted a thrift store frame yellow and popped it in. Both the tree art and the button K (K for Kimmel, not the first name) were made by dear friends. I'm not in love with the pillow selection. I sewed the cover for the one on the back-right, but the other two are susceptible to change at any minute.

I made the art above the crib with scrapbook paper and greetings cards a friend gave me. I already blogged about the mobile here, and I finally got it to hang somewhat even. I sewed the crib skirt (out of lovely Joel Dewberry fabric) and bought the aqua bed sheet from Amazon.com.

The curtains were also sewn out of Joel Dewberry fabric. The little basket on the floor is hard to see, but it's made out of recycled newspaper and magazines and is super cute. It contains puzzles and other toys to keep Kyler occupied for when I want to be in there nursing the baby with the door shut.

This might be my favorite part of the nursery. We managed to transform my "cloffice" (as my sister named it) into a diaper changing nook. Cody's dad also installed some shelving underneath, so that is where all the clothes are stored. Yes, the back wall is still a shade of pink, we'll address that later if I produce a male. I love being able to see all my cloth diapers stacked up in fun colors (yay for 2 babies in cloth diapers, har har). The other side of the closet is storage and hanging clothes...which actually have zero hanging clothes right now :)

Now that I am done with the nursery, I should probably pack our bags and buy some newborn diapers. I will have some maternity pics to post in a few days so be sure to check back for those!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Good luck with the little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job with the challenge of keeping the bed in there! It's super cute and all your DIY projects turned out great! You're so crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And I especially love the changing nook and the flag banner thing (I forgot what those are called). Good job!

    ReplyDelete