Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Decor

I've never been a big fan of fall. Actually, I usually dread this specific season change. You see, I'm a summer girl. Love the beach, love the heat, love the vacation time. Fall means the end of summer and the nearing of (dun dun dun) WINTER. I do love the holidays, but I do despise the cold. So for me fall has always been the gloomy in-between season. No that I am well beyond the school years of fall meaning new schedules, homework assignments, and early bed times, and I'm past the teaching years (due to the little guy) fall is starting to warm up to me. I am now starting to see why all you fall fanatics love this season.

To help nurture my growing admiration for autumn, I chose to add a little fall flare to the house. Also because we had some left-over pumpkins and such from a fall festival our church put on over the weekend.


I added these little white pumpkins to our mantel. Baby photo by Macy, and our photo by Kate.


I just love these little white pumpkins.


This was where most of my decorating effort went. I had to walk all the way over to the linen closet to get this orange candle.


I love flowers. I wanted to plant this bushel in our planter, but it turns out that's hard to do with a baby in tow. So I settled for plopping it down next to the planter box on our porch. I also plopped the pumpkin next to it to keep it company. Hopefully, we will carve it this weekend.


Sadly, that is the extent of my fall decor. Unless pumpkin cookies in my kitchen count. Oh, but those already got snatched up within days of their baking so I guess they don't actually count.


No comments:

Post a Comment