Monday, August 24, 2009

trying to find a way to...

get back here...


Some might think a few trips to the beach per summer is sufficient. Not for me, even if they were amazing, beautiful, extra-special beach trips.
You see, I grew up at the beach. I spent my summers, and all the other seasons (thanks to Texas weather) at the beach. I have some of the best memories of my life from our beach house. Thanks to Ike, chances of going back to our little beach neighborhood are slim.
And living in Dallas doesn't help. I can't tell you how many times a week I stare at google maps and try to determine the closest, but decent, beach in driving distance. We are stuck in the middle of the country. It makes me feel claustrophobic.
We keep on saying "if such and such happen... then we will empty our savings and plan a beach trip." If only such and such would happen...

2 comments: